- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) - ADA home page, including status reports, resources, press releases and more.
- Canadian Centre on Disability Studies - A consumer-directed, university-affiliated centre dedicated to research, education and information dissemination on disability issues.
- Disability History Museum - Promotes understanding about the historical experience of people with disabilities by recovering, chronicling, and interpreting their stories. Includes searchable archives.
- Institute on Disability - IOD at the University of New Hampshire provides a coherent university-based focus for the improvement of knowledge, policy, and practice related to the lives of persons with disabilities and their families.
- National Centre for the Dissemination of Disability Research - NIDRR funds hundreds of projects annually, across a wide range of research and related activities including employment, training, health and function, technology, and independent living.
- Society for Disability Studies - A nonprofit scientific and educational organization established to promote interdisciplinary research on humanistic and social scientific aspects of disability and chronic illness.
- World Institute on Disability - WID is a nonprofit, international public-policy center dedicated to carrying out cutting edge research on disability issues and overcoming obstacles to independent living. Headquarters in Oakland, California