- Canadian Centre on Disability Studies - A consumer-directed, university-affiliated centre dedicated to research, education and information dissemination on disability issues.
- Center on Human Policy - A Syracuse University-based policy, research, and advocacy organization involved in the movement to insure the rights of people with disabilities. Activities include studies, research, information and referral, advocacy, training and consultation.
- Institute on Disability - IOD at the University of New Hampshire provides a coherent university-based focus for the improvement of knowledge, policy, and practice related to the lives of persons with disabilities and their families.
- The Life Span Institute - - The Kansas-based Schiefelbusch Institute for Life Span Studies is one of the largest and most highly regarded human development and disabilities research centers in the United States.
- University of Montana Rural Institute - The Rural Institute: Center for Excellence in Disability Education, Research, and Service is committed to increasing and supporting the independence, productivity, and inclusion of persons with disabilities in the community.
- World Institute on Disability - WID is a nonprofit, international public-policy center dedicated to carrying out cutting edge research on disability issues and overcoming obstacles to independent living. Headquarters in Oakland, California