- Alabama Council for Developmental Disabilities - Plans and co-ordinates services for Alabamians with mental or physical disabilities.
- American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine - Scientific society devoted to the study of cerebral palsy and other childhood onset disabilities including spina bifida, neuromuscular disease, traumatic brain injury, genetic disorders, communications problems, and learning disabilities.
- Autism Society of Alabama - Statewide organizataion providing resources, news and discussions about the autistic spectrum disorders - Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), Rett's Syndrome, and related disorders.
- Developmental Disabilities Resource Center - A Colorodo-based organization with many links to useful information about developmental disabilities.
- The Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center - Promotes understanding of neurological and behavioral development, with special emphasis on meeting challenges associated with mental retardation and other developmental disabilities. Research, education and service programs.