- American Disabled for Attendant Programs Today - ADAPT focuses on promoting services in the community instead of warehousing people with disabilities in institutions and nursing homes.
- Center for an Accessible Society - Focuses public attention on disability and independent living issues by disseminating information developed through research.
- Community Access Unlimited - New Jersey-based social service agency committed to providing residential and support services to people with disabilities.
- National Council on Independent Living - An organization that advances the independent living philosophy and advocates for the human rights of, and services for, people with disabilities to further their full integration and participation in society.
- Toward Independent Living and Learning - TILL is a private, not-for-profit agency that develops and operates programs and services for people with physical as well as mental and developmental disabilities in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Westside Center for Independent Living, Inc. - Empowers people with disabilities to reach their independent living goals through a variety of non-residential programs and services. WCIL advocates, educates, and provides primarily peer-conducted services.
- Work Activity Center - Part of a network of agencies, businesses and individuals in Utah, helping people with disabilities become more active and independent members of the community. Provides work and training alternatives to 300 participants and their families.