- American Association of People with Disabilities - A non-profit, non-partisan, cross-disability organization whose goals are unity, leadership and impact. Goal is to leverage the numbers of people with disabilities and their families and friends to access economic and other benefits.
- American Disabled for Attendant Programs Today - ADAPT focuses on promoting services in the community instead of warehousing people with disabilities in institutions and nursing homes.
- Council for Disability Rights - Chicago-based organization that advances the rights of people with disabilities on a national, state, and local level. Promotes public policy and legislation, public awareness through education, and provides information and referral services.
- Disability Care Center - Advocacy organization that helps disabled Americans apply and appeal for Social Security Disability benefits by providing information, resources, and customer service.
- Disability Rights Advocates - A national and international organization dedicated to protecting and advancing the civil rights of people with disabilities in the US and worldwide. DRA pursues its mission through research, education and legal advocacy.
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund - Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF) is a national law and policy center dedicated to protecting and advancing the civil rights of people with disabilities through legislation, litigation, advocacy, technical assistance, and education.
- Education-A-Must - Provides advocacy services in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Rhode Island for children or youth with physical, emotional, behavioral, or learning disabilities.
- National Council on Independent Living - An organization that advances the independent living philosophy and advocates for the human rights of, and services for, people with disabilities to further their full integration and participation in society.
- National Rehabilitation Association - NRA's mission is to provide advocacy, awareness and career advancement for professionals in the fields of rehabilitation. Members include rehab counselors, physical, speech and occupational therapists, job trainers, consultants.